Baseball Diamonds are Forever as I have been a huge baseball fan since I was a wee tot. I picked up that print/poster many years ago as it used to advertise an exhibit at the Oakland Museum. Artists and writers shared their views on the cultural and social significance on baseball.
Another year for me around the sun and I guess I will share a bunch of facts about myself as how one get from this:
It takes a lot of time. So here 26 other facts about me:
1. I am a stutter and tried to hide it growing up but now embrace it.
2. I love peanut butter and cheddar cheese together. Love it on sandwiches, on crackers and on Hawaiian King Rolls (below):
3. I am a huge NASCAR fan
4. I am a huge Tommy Lee Jones fan and I can recite most of the lines from The Fugitive.
5. I am really getting into Podcasts as I age- Stuff You Should Know Podcast and the Dale Jr. Download are two of my favorites
6. As much as I love Star Wars, I love the Indiana Jones movies more. And I loved the TV show: The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.
7. Talking about TV shows, whenever I am in a down mood these two always perk me up (I bought these socks in December):
12. I ran cross country and track in high school and ran one of cross country in junior college
13. In junior college, I was "PJ the DJ" on KCRH which was the campus and over-the-air station. I was horrible but learned a lot about music. Sidenote: Mass Communication classes were the only thing I passed in my first 2 1/2 years at junior college. I even flunked P.E. twice in my first attempt at college.
14. I used to dye my hair blue in high school (no pics) and was a total handful in high school. I did a lot of things that would get me expelled today.
15. I do like me some Tie-Die. My daughter got me this for Christmas this year:
16. One of the coolest things in my life is that I was an editor (sports, city and editor-in-chief) of my college newspaper and 20 something years later my daughter was an editor (photo) of the same college newspaper.
17. I am a huge fan of Dragnet. "Just the Facts":
18. I function best when there is clutter around me.
19. Marvin the Martian is my main man. I got this bag when I got my new tablet:
20. I am tough to beat in Trivia Contests.
21. I love to read and have tons of books. My favorite book is:
22. I am pretty much of an introvert in a lot of social situations like parties. It takes me a while to warm up:
23. I have am intense dislike for anything creamy other than peanut butter. No salad dressing, no mayo, no mustard or anything like that for me.
24. My favorite song is "Do They Know It's Christmas Time". I have all the versions but my favorite is the original and I still have the EP I bought it on:
25. I have never had a pet.
26. All my education happened in my city of Hayward and my handle CSUH in honor of my university that I graduated from which changed its name from Cal-State University of Hayward in 2005.
So there you go. 26 facts about me which is half my age. Hope I didn't bore anyone with them.
I've just started getting into podcasts myself. A lot of people use YouTube for them, but I find a lot more on Spotify. And like you, I can't stand any condiments. Mustard, ketchup, steak sauce, mayonnaise, sour cream, relish.... about the only thing I like is a little tzatziki sauce on a gyro. It's only since I've gotten older that I can tolerate any barbecue sauce.ReplyDelete
Good to know you a little more!
That was fun and we haven't seen Marvin the Martian in forever! Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!ReplyDelete
You are definitely an interesting guy! I would love to watch that Indiana Jones tv show, but I couldn't find it on either Netflix or Hulu. And I've been listening to podcasts to help me sleep, but it's hard to find any that aren't political. I would love to find one that's just "nice".ReplyDelete
Happy belated birthday and thanks for sharing these interesting facts about you, Patrick. I'm glad you join #weekendcoffeeshare. P.S. If you update your gravatar/ profile photo at gravatar dot com, your thumbnail photo would show up with your comment on WordPress blogs. Have a great week ahead!ReplyDelete
Happy birthday, my dear friend! That was really fun to read. I love your baby picture and your new Christmas tie dye shirt! Such great colors in that tee. I had no idea you were a Marvin the Martian fan! Marvin is the only tattoo that Jeff has and it is pretty amazing! I will have to send you a picture.ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
Thank you for sharing at #OverTheMoon. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too! Please stay safe and healthy. Come party with us at Over The Moon! Catapult your content Over The Moon! @marilyn_lesniak @EclecticRedBarnReplyDelete
LOL, I love peanut butter and cheddar! I thought I was the only one!ReplyDelete
I found my way here from Grammy's Grid.
I thought those were really interesting. I like podcasts too but I subscribe to some and then forget to listen to them and then I have too many to get caught up on. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!ReplyDelete