Wednesday, August 30, 2023

A Hidden Surprise- The Minnesota Grove

 


I was bouncing between art galleries in the Dogpatch arts district in San Francisco and saw all this greenery and decided to walk it and found a very cool hidden surprise, The Minnesota Grove is a neighbor-created park between 24th and 25th streets. 

About 15 years ago, it was pretty much unaccepted street-paved and maintained by local property owners when they felt the spirit move them. Then condos were built and the people who moved in started gardening and got the city to manage the area (put in sidewalks, lights and more paving, etc) and it has become a beautiful walk:











It is a beautiful and hidden part of San Francisco that I was happy to see. 

3 comments:

  1. Definitely a hidden gem! I imagine it is very peaceful there. Love the palms and flowers. Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 127. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place. I've not heard of it before today. Beautiful.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a great day, Patrick. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.