Sunday, May 19, 2013

Benedetti Diamond-USF vs.Pepperdine 5-4-13

\
Sorry, life has been busy, but it is starting to calm down. A couple of weeks ago I went out to Benedetti Diamond, the baseball home of the University of San Francisco baseball team. They took on Pepperdine on a beautiful day in San Francisco. It was the first time I had ever been to Benedetti Diamond and it was an experience. It is on the USF campus and it was built in 1953 to fit in the neighborhood. The seating is strange. There are no seats along the first base because of the homes there. Very limited seating behind home plate and just a single set of bleachers along the third base side. Very cozy and small:

Benedetti Diamond from home plate
From the third base side
Down the right field line-Only six inches of foul territory between the foul pole and the fence
But you can get some cool game shots:

USF's Alex Balog throwing a pitch
Pepperdine's Corey Miller about to throw a pitch
USF's Bob Mott about to swing
USF's Bradley Zimmer
One of the cool things about college baseball is that sometimes you end up sitting next some parents of players and I ended up sitting next to Pepperdine's third baseman's Austin Davidson's parents. What great people and I will be following his career. Of course I took some pics of him:

Davidson leading off first
Davidson playing third
It was a great time and the Dons won 6-1.

The USF bench

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.