Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cool Stuff at Cinerama


I am trying to get all the Seattle stuff in and mix what is going on now. I am realizing that I took way too many pictures of stuff in Seattle.

In Seattle I stayed at the Warwick Hotel and across the street there was a movie theater called Cinerama. It was built in 1963 and now owned by retired co-Microsoft Chairman Paul Allen who saved it from the wrecking ball in 1988. I did not see a movie their but they had some cool stuff in the lobby that geeks like me love. I talked my way in and was able to take some pics:

Costume worn by Adam West in the original Batman series
Costume worn by Burt Ward in the original Batman series
A suit worn by Captain Kangaroo-The great Bob Keeshan
George Reeves costume from the Superman series in the 1950's
Head Six costume worn by Tricia Helfer in Battlestar Galactcia
Farrah Fawcett's dress from Logan's Run
Patrick Stewart's Captain Picard costume from Star Trek Nemsis
And finally for film buffs:

An original 1950's DP70 Todd 70mm Film Projector
Sometimes the lobby is better than what it on screen.

4 comments:

  1. That is so cool!! Especially the Picard uniform :)
    (by the way, found you through the prowess and pearls link up)..

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that! You never cease to amaze me Patrick with your wonderful photos of all your escapades, lol! My FAV...definitely Captain Kangaroo's outfit...loved him! Btw...where's Linda Carter's Wonder Woman costume? LOL! Thanks for sharing and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Michell-I get lucky and it is the ADD and geek in me that gets together and has me looking around for things to film.

      They might have one as they have a collection and rotate them. So, they might have one.

      Delete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.