Friday, June 21, 2013

Welcome to Stockton Ballpark

The main entrance to Stockton Ballpark
Stockton Ballpark is home to the Class-A Stockton Ports. The Ports are the Oakland A's High Class-A team. Stockton Ballpark is new, it was built in 2005 and holds 5,300 people. I always thought it was called Banner Island Ballpark, but I learned that it is the unofficial name that used by both fans and the administration of the team. By either name it is a nice place to view a game:\

From the third base side
The view from the third base foul pole
The bullpen
From left center
This is what the centerfielder sees
From rightfield 
One thing I love about minor league ball is that they always post the line-ups somewhere in the park.
The Ports Dugout
The view from my seat before I moved
One cool thing about Stockton is that they hang current jerseys of current Oakland A's players under the press box who played in Stockton. From left: Brett Anderson, A.J.Griffin, Sean Doolittle and Dan Straily
From the home plate
The scoreboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.