Friday, October 11, 2013

A Small Look at Uptown Charlotte


I am in Charlotte (actually Concord, NC) for the Bank of America 500 on Saturday (10-12-13) and was in downtown Charlotte. I went to the NASCAR Hall of Fame (That is like three different blogs) but had a chance to walk around Uptown Charlotte for a while. I thought it was called Downtown, but I corrected and it is called Uptown. So here are some photos from Uptown Charlotte:

Part of the scene. The Ally Bank Building is in the center
The Charlotte Plaza Building
The Bank of America Building
St.Peter's Catholic Church and the inside (below):

The Duke Energy Building
Saw this old building Uptown it looked really out of place with all the new and modern buildings. I liked it and thought it was cool.

And there is a stadium Uptown:

Bank of America Stadium-Home of the Carolina Panthers
Go Panthers
A statue of Mike McCormack
Sam Mills
And a basketball arena:

Time Warner Cable Arena-Home of the Charlotte Bobcats
And some art work and fountains in Uptown:

This was outside the Museum of Art

This was outside the fire building
Loved this clock
My favorite fountain
These were on the walls. They are pretty cool. They are done by the Art Works Collective of Charlotte

2 comments:

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.