Sunday, November 22, 2020

Music Monday: G-R-A-T-E-F-U-L

 Music Monday: We are going to try to spell out the word Grateful here using song. I am away this week and I am so GRATEFUL that people listen to my weird tastes in music. I try not be in one groove as I have many different tastes in music. 

A little something about me, I learned a lot of about music during my first ill-attempt at college as I was DJ (A voice made for mime here) and the music director of KCRH which was the Chabot Junior College's radio station way back in the day. And I interned at two San Francisco radio stations (K101 and X-100 (that it was known as then-99.7 FM on the dial). I am so grateful for those experiences as it broadened my whole musical world. 


Genius of Love - Tom Tom Club:




Radio GA-GA - Queen:



Again- Janet Jackson:



Take Me Home- Phil Collins:




Epic- Faith No More:


Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades - Timbuk 3 



Under The Milky Way -  The Church:


Life in A Northern Town- Dream Academy:


Hope everyone has a good and safe Thanksgiving and I am GRATEFUL that you listen and read what I post here.

5 comments:

  1. You got some really great choices here. I haven't heard Janet Jackson in a long time & this happens to be one of my very favorites. Thank you. Phil collins too. He's retired now & you chose one of his biggest hits in my book for sure. I haven't heard Under The Milky Way by The Church in such a long time, and Life in A Northern Town- Dream Academy I don't think I've ever heard that one before, but it's definitely different. So my friend I want to wish you & yours a very Happy Thanksgiving & here's hopeing that our world find's its way home again under the Lord's wing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick,

    Your mewsic preference isn't weird. I like pretty much everything you've shared here. Or...does this mean I'm weird, too? lol "Genius of Love" is the strangest one in this set and happens to be new-to-me, so I'm grateful you exposed my ears to it. I'm always thankful to sample what others enjoy, so keep cranking out what moves you on the dance floor. I hoe you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and boogietastic day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I hoped people would show who they are with their choices this week, and you truly have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some favorites here - Under the Milky Way, Life in a Northern Town, Radio Ga-Ga. Janet Jackson's song was new to me and I am not her biggest fan, but this song was very nice indeed. Grateful for your taste in music - different is good!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.