Monday, August 8, 2022

The Work of Diego Rivera

 


Diego Rivera was an international art celebrity who developed is own brand of Cubism infused with his own creative style. Rivera painted several murals in the United States in the 1930's and 40's. He was married to the great painter Frida Kahlo.

The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) has an exhibit of over 150 of his paintings. It was truly cool and awesome to see in person:











Edsel Ford. Rivera's murals in Detroit wert financed by Ford

Rivera's work is amazing and I am so glad that I got to see it:

A self portrait


11 comments:

  1. I have to check out this exhibit (along with all the others that have piqued my interest)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab artist I enjoyed those

    Have an artistictastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed seeing your pics. He was an awesome artist. I've always wanted to be able to draw and/or paint. Thanks so much for linking up at the 25 and Done Link Party 22! 25 entries in 25 hours!! Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm never quite sure what an artist is feeling or how I'm to interpret, but artists are amazing. Love seeing his art through your photography.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He certainly has a style all of his own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An artist new for me. Thank you a lot for sharing with us this post.
    Definitely he has a special style that can be recognized.
    Happy Today and a fine weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful paintings! I am struck by the rich colors in his work.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work. I've never even heard of him until now.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Patrick. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your weekend coffee share. I enjoyed seeing your pics of Diego Rivera's artworks.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.