Thursday, January 19, 2023

Paper Art By Jinyuan Shi

 


The San Francisco Library has an exhibit by Jinyuan Shi. In 2020, Shi at the age of 79 moved into a Senior apartment in Oakland and met a woman named Mrs. Cai. Mrs. Cai (who was in her 90's)made triangular craft works. He learned some of basics from Mrs. Cai and then started to make his own craft works and it became his hobby. He spends three to five hours a day on making new works. He designs and makes all of the art himself:








I think that Shi's art is cool and it gives me hope that I will be able to find a new craft as I get older.


4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Those are incredible! I can't get over the fact that they're made with paper... brings a whole new meaning to paper art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such clever people, I doubt I would have the patience for anything like those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cool and so colorful.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous week, Patrick. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.