Monday, October 2, 2023

Hardly Strickly Bluegrass Festival 2023

 


I went to the Hardly Strickly Bluegrass Festival in Golden Gate Park over the weekend. It is something that I do every year.  The Festival was started in 2001 by venture capitalist Warren Hellman. When Hellman passed in 2011, he left a trust to keep the festival free and noncommercial free. 

I only go on Friday as the weekend crowds are a little bit much for me (upwards of 500,000) and I was walking around and seeing the spirit of the festival:








And the music performances were amazing:


Buffalo Nichols

Cassandra Lewis

Kingfish Ingram

John Craigie

Lucero

Margo Cilker

Lilly Hiatt

Thee Scared Souls

Hardly Strickly is always fun and everybody has a great time:



11 comments:

  1. Bluegrass isn't my cup of tea but it looks like a fun event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a lot of fun at HSB! By coincidence, my photo this week was also from Golden Gate Park on Friday, but on the far western edge, away from the crowds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like lot of fun. but, boy... 500 000! not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have loved to have attended this festival. On Friday like you.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday, Patrick. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing Patrick I would had enjoyed it there :-)

    Have a drumtastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots from this fantastic event. Thanks for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kingfish is AMAMZING. It's not my normal sort of music but I went and saw him twice at Bluesfest. So incredible!! Thanks for sharing with #Allseasons

    ReplyDelete
  8. my dad. He loved some good bluegrass music.

    Glad you had fun!

    Thank you for sharing your post at the Sunday, sunshine blog hop!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.