Sunday, February 9, 2014

Some Beatles Vids

Feb 9th, 1964 marks the first appearance of The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show. The Beatles had just hit Number #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 eight days before on Feb.1st with "I Want to Hold Your Hand".  Ed Sullivan had book them for two weeks in row, Feb, 9th and Feb. 16th. Marking the start of Beatlemania.

The Beatles changed music. The period of 1960-1963 were innocent years in rock. They were less rebellious and the critics were not threatened or scared by the music. The Number #1 song before The Beatles was Bobby Vinton's "There! I've Said It Again". The shift in music came with The Beatles:

When the week of April 4th, 1964 came, The Beatles owned the the top five spots in the Billboard Hot 100 and 14 out of the top 100. Beatlemania was full in force.

Here some Beatles songs to enjoy:




By 1970, The Beatles had taken us on a Long and Winding Road and had shifted music for the better:


12 comments:

  1. The Beatles are my all time favorite band!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beatles fan here too. Who knew they would keep on growing and giving us the soundtrack to our lives. Great picks and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. They are such a classic group.

      You too and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Beatles fan too. I paid tribute as well with my first song.
    http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/2014/02/spreading-musical-love-for-mondays.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh Duh Beatles... love the cartoon ones you found too! Great song pickins' my friend, and thank you for joining us. We hope you'll be a regular with us too with your fine self. YOU TOTALLY ROCK! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will try with some others.

      I got lucky as someone years ago let me borrow there external drive and I was able to download all of these vids (and a bunch of others) on my computer.

      Delete
  5. I'm always new to them. They are very good though. I didn't grow up with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either, but good music from any era is good music.

      Delete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.