Friday, August 21, 2015

Paul Lewin at Betty Ono Gallery.


I dropped by one of my favorite art gallery's- Betty Ono in Oakland and they had a new exhibition of a local artist up. His name is Paul Lewin and his surreal paintings. This exhibition is a modern interpretation of tribal legends and days gone by. These beautiful paintings combine a lot of things-ancient masks, motifs, Mardi Gras and Day of the Dead into the circle of life:













And one thing that was cool was that Paul Lewin was there to talk about his work:

Paul Lewin
I am not an art person but I like stuff that stands out and looks cool. Paul Lewin's paintings are cool and really detailed. I loved them

5 comments:

  1. Wow, those are pretty spectacular!!! Thanks for sharing this! I love being introduced to new artists and I will definitely be on the lookout for Paul Lewin's work.

    From the #FridayFunday Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful and they absolutely do stand out. It's also awesome to see local artists since I live in the Bay Area too! :)
    Thanks for linking up with us at the #HomeMattersParty and I hope you'll join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How good that you got to meet the artist, I am sure that made the art come alive for you. These paintings look spectacular. Thanks for coming to our Party -Fridays Blog Booster Party #20
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking again this week, Patrick! Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool artwork! Love that you met the artist. Thanks for linking up at the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.