Wednesday, November 14, 2018

A Short Stroll at the University of San Francisco


I had to go over to the University of San Francisco (USF) for something. The "hilltop" as it is known was founded on 1855 by the Jesuits. It is a small campus that has close historical ties with the city and county of San Francisco:

St. Ignatius, the founder of the Jesuits
Kendrick Hall-The USF Law School

Kalmanovitz Hall

John Lo Schiavo,S.J. Center for Science and Innovation

The Gleason Library

St. Ignatius Church at late afternoon. I blogged about the church a couple of years ago
St. Francis
USF has had a great sports legacy even though most of the great teams happened in the 1950's:


The great Bill Russell went to USF leading the Dons to back-to-back NCAA titles before heading to Boston
NFL Hall of Famer Bob St. Clair. St. Clair played all of his home games (except for his senior season in college) from high school until the of his pro career at Kezar Stadium in San Francisco
NFL Hall of Famer and former comissoner graduated from USF and was a student publicist for the Dons
USF is a gem in San Francisco. It is the perfect fit for the city:


10 comments:

  1. I love checking out Uni's. So much more interesting than you think they'll be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sculptures and interesting architecture

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great fotos. The University of Tennessee is in Knoxville, about 15 miles east of us, and their campus is called "The Hill". All the fotos are so interesting. HOPE you have a wonderfully blessed THANKSgiving! Thanks so much for being faithful to link up each week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post. I remember touring Florida Southern College with a friend and appreciating the Frank Lloyd Wright architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some lovely photos. Great sculptures Patrick.

    Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Welcome To The Weekend Blog Hop. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing college campuses! I enjoyed when we were going on tours with my son, although we didn't got to any on the west coast. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have amazing places that you visit and share!!
    Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting. Dunedin (NZ) is a university city too and has some interesting buildings ranging from Victorian architecture to ugly 1960's stuff. well I think it's ugly but that's just my opinion, :)
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your USF visit with Best Of the Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to go to the Church when I lived in SF. I used to go to every Catholic church based on my weekend schedule! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.