Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Cesar Chavez National Monument



At the end of December I was driving to Las Vegas from the Bay Area and stopped at the Cesar Chavez National Monument in Keene, Ca. It was during the partial government shutdown so it wasn't open but the gadren where he is buried was and it was beautiful. I decided to save this set until this week as we celebrate Cesar Chavez Day on March 31st. Chavez was a civil rights activist and labor movement leader who changed the world by using non-violent tactics to give the farm workers in this country a decent life:










Cesar Chavez is such a great and important person in the struggle for civil rights and equality in this country. We must remember his words of "Se, Si, Puede (Spanish for "Yes, it can be done")!

16 comments:

  1. You always post the most interesting pictures! Thanks so much for sharing. I think my most favorite one is Our Lady of Guadalupe I use to see her statue everywhere and now not so much. Thanks for sharing my friend. They're all so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and by the way when I click on your name that you posted in my link or anywhere for that matter it doesn't send me to today's date it sends me to an old date. Maybe that's why you don't have any comments today. Thought you'd like to know. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful monument to such a amazing human being! Thanks for sharing the photos! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful monument! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He sounds like a gorgeous generous man. I love his quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful memorial to Cesar Chavez. There is a park in Denver, Colorado, also dedicated to him

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful place. I really don't know as much about Cesar Chavez as I should. I know that he did a lot of good things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up to Thinking Out Loud Thursday! This looks like an amazing place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post! What a beautiful place to visit and very timely in sharing. And that quote is so, so good...”It is my deepest belief that only by giving our lives do we find life.” So powerful.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...I wonder what Cesar Chavez would think of our country today. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to visit the monument. Lovely photos as always.

    #GlobalBlogging

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous garden as a memorial.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Each week you link up the most interesting places and fotos. So happy you found my link up! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  14. it looks beautiful - great to remember an important figure in such a way

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a wonderful place to stop and admire such an important individual. #GlobalBlogging

    ReplyDelete
  16. You got some gorgeous photos!
    Thanks for sharing with #pocolo

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.