Thursday, March 14, 2019

Minor League Baseball Caps

San Antonio Missions (Now Triple-A of the Milwaukee Brewers)
I am trying to show some of my interesting personality in this blog here and there rather than the things I do. I guess so people can see how really tweaked I am upstaris. I have a thing for minor baseball caps. Something I have enjoyed over the last couple of years. Here are some of them (and you can tell that I wear them):

Augusta (Ga) Green Jackets- Low Single A of the San Francisco Giants
Ashville (NC) Tourists - Low Single A of the Colorado Rockies
 This is one is interesting, It is the Sydney Blue Sox of the Australian Baseball League:


Modesto (Ca) Nuts- High Class A of the Seattle Mariners
Great Falls (Mt) Voyagers- Short Season A of the Chicago White Sox

And you need two of the Stockton (Ca) Ports- High A of the Oakland A's



Reno Aces- Triple A of the Azizona Diamondbacks
New Orleans Babycakes- Triple A of the Miami Marlins
The next one is cool- Every Tuesday - The Triple A (of the Washington Nationals) Fresno (Ca) Grizzlies become the Frenso Tacos in honor of Taco Tuesday:



Up until this year the Triple A team in Las Vegas was known as the Las Vegas 51's but starting this year the 51's changed their name to the the Las Vegas Aviators and are now the Triple A team of the Oakland A's:

Las Vegas 51's

Las Vegas Aviators (right after I bought it)
I had always said that if the San Jose Giants (High Class A of the San Francisco Giants) had a cool hat I would buy it. Last June, for one game they changed their name to the San Jose Churros in honor of the tasty snack. Well, I was at the San Francisco Giants Fan Fest and saw the Churro hat and snagged one. This year they will change from the San Jose Giants to the San Jose Churros for four games:


Hope everyone has a good weekend and thanks for taking a peak in my weird little world.

10 comments:

  1. My husband and son are right in this with ya! They love hats and minor league teams with fun names. I must say that I like The Churros:). Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I live in a minor league town with the Rochester Red Wings that is the top minor league affiliate of the Minnesota Twins. The nearby small community of Newark has the Co-Pilots a minor league baseball team that played in the New York–Penn League from 1968 to 1979. They were affiliated with the Seattle Pilots from 1968 to 1969 and with the Milwaukee Brewers from 1970 to 1978. They were independent in 1979.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection, Patrick! Perfect follow up to your tee shirt post! I love it!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post! Love all the hats & teams. I used to live in New Orleans and never heard of the Babycakes! lol

    Let's see my hometown teams have included Rochester (NY) Red Wings and currently the Wilmington Blue Rocks, so there are two more for you to collect!

    Have a great weekend!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collection and a fun hobby. Thanks for sharing a little bit of your "tweaked upstairs!"
    More photos from Amazon’s Spheres on my Saturday Snapshot post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. I love baseball caps and have had over 150 at one time. I thinned the herd a few years ago, but I am back up to nearly 100 again. I love minor league baseball. I grew up with the Tulsa Drillers (formerly Oilers) and now live near the Northwest Arkansas Naturals. I have a few minor league caps including an independent wood bat league Savannah Bananas (Savannah, Georgia) Thanks for sharing your interests. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an interesting hat collection! I really like the taco one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE all of those, tacos area 51 aliens, Babycakes (we used that term a lot in the 60s and 70s), the Aussie one, the Tourists, haaa. We only have a collegiate team and it's gotten pretty commercialized over the years. Think I'll still with Miller Park this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great caps here :)

    Thanks for sharing at Welcome To The Weekend Blog Hop hope you're having a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.