Thursday, April 27, 2023

Classic Jefferson Airplane Music Posters

 


The Haight Street Art Gallery had a cool exhibit recently. It was called Jefferson Airplane to Starship. Jefferson Airplane was one of pioneer's of psychedelic rock in the 60's. They were formed in San Francisco is 1965. In 1974 former members of Jefferson Airplane Paul Kantner and Grace Slick started Jefferson Starship and that lasted until 1984 when Kantner left and the band became known as Starship and had some of its most commercial success. I focused mostly on the Jefferson Airplane posters as love the posters from the era:










The coolest thing was that they has some paintings by Grace Slick who retired from music in 1990 and became a painter:



This is my favorite because it goes on Jefferson Airplane's classic tune White Rabbit:


It was really cool seeing the history of a great San Francisco music group.

5 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of psychedelic rock, the weirder the better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those psychedelic posters. I never saw any of those groups. I saw an exhibit of those types of posters at the museum at the Woodstock music festival site in 2021; it was one of my favorite parts of the museum. It wasn't a permanent exhibit, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! These are amazing. I love all of the funkiness of the posters. Just looking at them makes me feel happy. I never knew that Grace Slick became a painter. I’m with you, The White Rabbit painting is awesome!

    Michelle
    https://funkyfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous. Love it.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous week, Patrick. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.