Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Old Time Music-My Records

I like music, always have and always will. I grew up before IPODs and MP3's and all the modern ways of getting music. I still remember going down to the record store and buying albums and 45's. Well, recently I went out and bought me a record player. Something that I wanted for a while and since I still have about 200 records from my high school days it was a great investment. It is great to have something to listen to while cleaning the house or just relaxing. Also to me the old albums sound much better than MP3 or computer files:

My record player
And going to share a few of the albums I have kept over the years:

Midnight Madness-Night Ranger
1984-Van Halen
Alpha-Asia
Bad-Michael Jackson
Sgt.Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band-The Beatles. Considered the greatest record ever made
GTR-GTR. One of my favorites-an 80's supergroup founded by Steve Howe and Steve Hackett


I found out I own a lot of soundtracks:

Absolute Beginners. Great music, horrible movie
Some Kind of Wonderful
Fast Times at Ridgemont High-A classic movie and a classic soundtrack
And I own some odd-ball stuff:

Don Ho Greatest Hits-Don Ho. Got to have it
For the 1961 season
And some socially moving ones:

Sun City-Protesting Apartheid in South Africa
We Are The World-USA for Africa. One of the cool tracks on this album is "Tears Are Not Enough" by Northern Lights, which was Canadian version of USA for Africa
And my favorite:

Do They Know It's Christmas-Band Aid. Still love it to this day.
There is a little glimpse into what I listen to.  Anything I posted you like?

Who knows I might post some more albums I own at a future date?

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Records, my parents told me of such things.
    I'm just teasing, Patrick. My sister has some of those same records. The only records I own are opera/classical music. Thanks for sharing a bit of your collection

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...I so love this!! My son(who's a music genius would flip)! This brings back so many memories...wow!! My parents gave me a collection of their old records(James Brown, The Jackson 5, The Supremes, The Monkeys, the list goes on and on). Unfortunately I left them in an outside closet at my apartment back in 1989. IKR...I could totally kick myself, it still sickens me today. But I do remember one of my first albums(not one that I had to share with my sister, but my very own)...Stevie Wonder's, "Songs in the Key of Life". Thanks for sharing Patrick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that album by Stevie at home. Love it.

      Delete
  3. Well, I must say that every way of getting music varies according to your preference. Like for example, playing LPs is great when it’s time to relax. Tuning in to the music on your iPod is good when you’re working out or running lapses. Anyway, your collections are all great! They make me feel nostalgic and think about old school stuff.

    Ruby Badcoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I like them and they sound better. I have about 200 at home.

      Delete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.