Sunday, April 14, 2013

Welcome to EMP


The EMP Building
The Experience Music Project Museum (EMP) is located in the Seattle Center. It was founded 13 years ago by Paul Allen (co-Mircosoft founder) and is dedicated to the history and exploration of music, popular culture and science fiction. For geeks like me the place was great. This blog will just have the music part of it:

Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster that he played at Woodstock
"If VI was IX Triumph"-it consists of 700 different instruments
Jimi Hendrix's vest he worn between 1967-1969
Cardigan worn by Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain-1991-1994
1800's guitar
The Model T of Electric Guitars-1950 Fender Brodacaster
Eddie Van Halen's 1984 customized Kranic guitar
Judas Priest's Glenn Tipton 1986 leather tour outift
Elvis Pressley's 1956 Harley model KH and leather jacket
This is the huge big screen that plays music video's and movies on it. You can sit here all day and watch it. It is really cool
EMP is really cool. There are a couple of other sections which I will blog about separately because I think that they deserve there own blogs (Plus I took a lot of pics of each).

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Very interesting! My sister lives in Seattle and the next time I visit, I need to go here! I love music and history! Way to go, awesome photos!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.