Thursday, September 11, 2014

Basketball:Pure and Simple


One of my favorite things is going to the SF Bay Area Pro Am Basketball League during the summer at old Kezar Pavilion. For me, it is just pure basketball played by guys who love the game. During the Pro-Am season, a Stephan Curry or a Jeremy Lin might show up and play in a game but for the most part the players are unknown and are the fringes on basketball. These guys play overseas and in minor leagues of basketball clinging to the dream:

A Bay Pride player bringing up the ball
Bay Warriors player bringing up the ball
Tip off of the game
The games are exciting as there is action all throughout the game.

One of the things I love about the Pro-Am is that have it at Kezar Pavilion. Kezar Pavilion is one of those old gyms that hasn't changed up since it was built in 1924. There is simplicity to the place and people stroll in and out (the games are free to the public), families with pizza boxes or McDonald bags from across the street in hand:

The front of Kezar Pavilion
The program table
Kezar Pavilion
From the corner
During the year, I go a lot of basketball games at colleges and watch pro basketball on TV. I must say that SF Pro-Am games are my favorite because people who are playing are doing it for the love of the game.

2 comments:

  1. patrick, you do so much fun stuff. thank you for all these great ideas on fun local things to do.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.