Monday, September 22, 2014

Music Monday: Staple Stadium Songs

Those Stadium Songs:


Sirius by Alan Parsons Project (above)was used the Chicago Bulls in their Championship Days


Got to include Wild Thing from Major League

Steve Perry (Journey) leading the San Francisco Giants Faithful at AT&T. This was the Giants theme song during their 2010 World Series Championship run.

The Yankees Mariano Rivera was one of the greatest closers in baseball history. When he entered a game Metallica's "Enter Sandman" would be played at Yankee Stadium. Metallica performed at his retirement from the Yankees.

"The Victors", the all-time best college football fight song

"Let's Get Started" has become a staple in every stadium

Finally an oldie but a goodie that is another staple in a lot stadiums:


Hope you enjoyed some of the songs that are heard in stadiums across the land.  

13 comments:

  1. I don't know too much about baseball stadium tunes, but I do know Wild Thing. I use to sing that to my oldest daughter when she was small and she loved it. I'm sure it wasn't my voice, but my goofy jumping & dancing around as I chanted out,, Wild thing, you make my heart sing, you make everything so groovy. Wild thing, I think I love you! That really brings back some happy memories for me and sure do miss 'em, too. Thanks for joining the 4M crew on the dance floor, Patrick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the songs they choose! It makes the crowd come alive!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Aloha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. The walk-up songs do make the place jump.

      Delete
  3. Ha - Love Wild Thing! I gotta watch that movie tonight now. The best.
    I am torn between the Fighting Irish and the Michigan songs. I have been to Michigan games, and I would love to go to Notre Dame. But basically, I just think Steve Perry is the coolest of all now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope that you watched the movie. I like the Michigan song better. Steve Perry is cool.

      Delete
  4. YOU SO ROCKED THE STADIUM TODAY!!! TOUCHDOWN FOR SURE!!! WOOOO HOOOOO RAH RAH RAH.... Thanks for joining us today my friend.... you so ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did good, I just picked College Fight songs (and they all sound the same). Wild Thing was my favorite. You rocked the house with that one. Thanks for the dance and Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about doing that but then decided to go a little deeper. Glad that you enjoyed.

      Delete
  6. I got my pom pom and I'm ready to get this game started.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.