Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Battle of the Bay Art Show


When I went to Giants-A's game a couple of weeks ago, they also had an art show at the Oakland Coliseum. It was an exhibit that had a baseball theme that featured the two Bay Area teams-The San Francisco Giants and the Oakland A's and featured local artists:







This is of the legendary Bill King the great Bay Area announcer. If you grew up in the Bay Area when I did in 70's and 80's, Bill was the man. He did the Oakland Radiers, Golden St. Warriors and the Oakland A's. He was great.







After the 1989 Earthquake which happened right before Game 3 of the World Series. 
It was really cool to see all of this amazing art work. It was better the game.

8 comments:

  1. Though I have seen baseball on TV, the sport is not popular in this part of the world. The pictures remind me of cricket, the sport that is a bit similar to baseball, and which is more popular here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention that I landed on your post via #MLSTL link party page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool to be able to see all of that wonderful and fun art. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All are so unique and beautiful! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...interesting styles, the forth on looks like the work of a graffiti arts here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had tickets for that game the night of the earthquake. We didn't go and I'm ever so happy we didn't. Frightening.

    Thanks for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous day, Patrick. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow, super cool!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.