Thursday, August 31, 2017

Two Classic Hayward Eats


They are two classic places that have been in South Hayward on Tennyson Road for almost 40 years. In high school (I went to nearby Tennyson High School) they were must go's at lunch and after school. They are small almost take-out places that have a lot of good food.

The first is Cecil's Famous Burgers. Cecil's is amazing, great food and great prices. One of my son's favorite (and mine) is to go one a warm summer night and get a soft-serve cone (sorry no pics because it usually in our stomachs fast) and all the other food they serve are awesome:







The classic Cecil's Lunch
The second place is about a third of a mile down the road and that is Taqueria Senaida's with some of the best Mexican food around. While Cecil's is more of a walk-up place, Taqueria Senaida's is more of a drive-thru:



The usual stream of cars
Order taking


The inside of one of their burritos
I am a lucky person that I grew up with and still have two classic and wonderful places in Hayward to eat so close to each other.

10 comments:

  1. Those look like fun little spots to visit! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for stopping by anointedtoday.blogspot.com. You have a great holiday too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Serendipity is Sweet. I hope YOU'LL stop by and link up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/08/lucky-shot.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cecil's was a great place to eat dating back to the 1960's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to Tennyson too! Class of 81. I also loved going to Cicils. When I go home to visit they are a must stop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of these places, growing up within walking dist a nce of both of these, I do remember when Senaidas was a burger place called Flings...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, the older ones are the best places. The haven't survived so long without serving awesome food! If I lived closeby I'd be stopping by often :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a big burger fan Patrick - the old fashioned kind of course. Not the McDonalds kind! Thanks for sharing with us at #overthemoon link party. I'm hungry now LOL:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brings back good memories. Sadly La Imperial (948 C St) and Banchero's (20102 Mission Blvd) are gone. :-(

    I want a La Imperial super burrito! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.