Monday, January 14, 2013

A Visit to Yerba Buena Gardens


It is funny I have been to Yerba Buena Gardens in the heart of San Francisco many times, but mainly for events and not just to walk around the beautiful area. Well, I got the chance and I love it. Yerba Buena Gardens is a public area that is located on fourth and mission and it is a good to walk around, eat lunch, enjoy a book or take a nap. It is a gem in the City:

Love the trees in the Gardens
Relaxing
Love the view
A guy taking a break
One of the cool things is the public art that is on display there:

Shaken Man by Terry Allen
Glass Ship-John Roloff
Oche Wat Te Ou/Reflections or Ohlone Indian Memorial-Jaune Quick-to-See  and James Luna
And they have the King Memorial there also:

The waterfall of the King Memorial
Words from Dr. King's famous speech. Parts of different speeches are on the walls behind the waterfall
And the Gardens has some the best views in San Francisco on a clear day:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.