Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Husky Hall of Fame


Found a whole of pics I forgot about when I was in Seattle in April. Actually it has been hard to look at them as one of the people I went up there with passed away in early June. He was a good person and a friend and was the one who got me inspired to take photos. I hope that I have done him justice with my photos:

Welcome to University of Washington Hall of Fame. The Husky Hall of Fame is located inside Alaska Airlines Arena (Home of University of Washington Basketball). It was pretty cool to learn how many great athletes have played for the University of Washington:

Blair Bush's 1978 Rose Bowl Helmet
Marques Tuiasosopo's 2001 Rose Bowl Jersey
Running Back George Wilson's mid 1920's jersey
Track star Ed Campbell's 1910 uniform
Women's Soccer great Hope Solo's jersey
Husky basketball great Brandon Roy's jersey
NFL Hall of Famer Arnie Weinmeister Hall of Fame jacket
Besides the player stuff they had some other really cool artifacts:

1930's Football
The 1985 Orange Bowl Trophy. I think they have replaced the oranges since then
Former Husky pitcher Tim Linecum's 2008 Cy Young Trophy. This was cool to see
The 1991 football National Championship Trophy. This was cool
The Husky Hall of Fame was really super cool and the price was great as it was free.

2 comments:

  1. Patrick, Nice pictures. I enjoy looking at the old helmets and jerseys. Thanks, Tom Nelson - 1969 Huskies Football

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.