Friday, December 28, 2012

The Sugar Castle at the Westin St, Francis


I am not much on the gingerbread architecture scene. I once entered a gingerbread house building contest and mine ended up looking something that had been through a hurricane. That being said I stumbled into the Westin St.Francis Hotel in Union Square in San Francisco and saw the Sugar Castle created by Westin and was amazed. It takes the crew 400 hours each year (They start in July) to create it. It resembles a French Chateau, weighs about 1,300 lbs and the details are amazing. I don't think that my pictures do it justice:

The Westin Sugar Castle
The little houses around the Castle
The train going around it
Love the house
Another great little detail
This building is just so cool
Love the neighborhood
The details of the display are so amazing
The front of the main castle
I can spend hours looking at the display and not see everything it was so good. And everything is edible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.