Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wimmen's Comix is 40


I was at the San Francisco Main Library and they have some cool exhibits there. I saw this one last week. It chronicles the history of Wimmen's Comix which was an influential underground comics anthology which was published from 1972 from 1992. Walking around this exhibit I learned a lot about the history:

Front Cover #14, 1989-Trina Roberts
#15-Phoebe Gloechner-1989
#4-Blood Money- Becky Wilson-1974
"Going Through Heavy Changes"

Barbie at 30 original pen and ink
Back Issues of Wimmen's Comix
I had never heard of Wimmen's Comix but after seeing this exhibit I think that they are cool and will be on the look out for them. I also found out that they were published by Rip-Off Press which I love since they publish the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.