Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Amber Unicorn Books of Las Vegas

Amber Unicorn Books
In Vegas (I know that this sounds goofy), I wanted to check out the local used book scene. I had about five on my list. I went to the first one (it supposed to be the best) and it was a mess. So, I went to the second one and it had a "For Lease" sign on the building. Feeling disappointed I went to the third place on my list and it was open and it was really cool. A good old fashioned bookstore wall-to-wall of books.It is run by a husband and wife: Myrna and Lou Donato and they were really nice and easy to chat with:

Part of the inside of Amber Unicorn
Another view of the inside of Amber Unicorn
The Hemingway is a first edition
I like this copy of Casey at the Bat
Like the cat reading
They have a great selection of cookbooks
An old Raggedy Ann and Andy book
Another partial view of the store
A little reading area
I know many people who live and visit Vegas do not head to a used bookstore. But if you are like me and want to expand your interests head down to Amber Unicorn Books and enjoy yourself. It is worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Patrick. Looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Las Vegas. Glad you liked the store. It was wonderful meeting you.

    Myrna & the rest of the Amber Unicorn Books staff

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.